In this post, we list the Senate House branch’s priorities for the next few months. These were identified following the first meeting of this year’s branch committee on 7 Jan and during discussion of a motion at a well-attended branch members meeting on 22 Jan.
- USS pension dispute – identify opportunities to keep the dispute on the radar of senior management
- London Weighting – continue campaigning work on this important pay equality issue
- In-housing – hold the University to commitments made; first of all, the in-housing of reception, AV, post and portering colleagues in spring/summer 2019
- Casework – provide high quality advice for UCU members
- Increase awareness of equality and the law in the workplace at the University
- Take action on pay equality and casualization
- Lobby for UoL to support colleagues and students from EU countries affected by Brexit.
- Take action to normalise union membership
- Increase UCU membership at the branch
- Make better use of the existing channels of influence we already have as a branch
If you have any questions or comments about this post, please email the branch committee. UCU members can also request a copy of the finalised motion that led to this post.